03 March 2012

The Majestic Afro and Beard of Jungle Man

© Mulga 2012, Jungle Man, Ink on Paper, 30 cm x 40 cm


This drawing is based on a photo of TV on the Radio singer Tunde Adebimpe that I found on the interweb. Some people thought it was a drawing of The Roots drummer, Ahmir "Questlove" Thompson.
I'll tell you right now, those afro curls took a long time to draw!
Lucky I had the intention to finish this drawing or I would never have completed it.
It consumed my time like a killer whale consumes penguins.
See you next time.
-Mulga

9 comments:

  1. Afro curls! Mulga is branching out. It does look like it took a long time, but worth it. They are pretty great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why it took a long time! The detail is amazing. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work - I like all the details. His face looks a little creepy like the skin was peeled off and we're looking at muscle. Haha.. I do love his hair, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the nice comments guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. kind of looks like cornel west http://www.chronicle.pitt.edu/?p=1144

    ReplyDelete